Director of Maintenance
Chicago, IL Chicago, IL 60601
We are currently working with a top Property Management client in Chicago, IL who is looking to place a Director of Maintenance at their downtown Chicago Headquarters. The Director of Maintenance will lead the entire maintenance function for the organization as well as perform all budgeting and administrative tasks while training, mentoring, and leading a team of Maintenance Engineers. If you are a strong leader with a background in multifamily maintenance looking to make a difference at a growing company, we are looking for you!
- Hire and train a team of qualified employees who understand their responsibilities.
- Assist Regional Manager in hiring, inspecting, counseling and promoting team members
- Teach skills to onsite team members. Give instructions, inspect work, and schedule training as needed
- Assist Maintenance Engineers, as needed, in setting priorities and scheduling work with a weekly calendar
- Ensure the maintenance teams maintain a safe working environment. Coordinate training and conduct training for all employees on safe procedures
- Responsible for initial training and onboarding new maintenance Engineers with on-site safety, maintenance practices, policies and procedures, expectations, ready product and condition inspections for all properties in their region
- Responsible for the Maintenance budgeting process
- Negotiate all vendor contracts that pertain to maintenance expenses and capital expenses
- 2-3 years of experience as a Director of Maintenance with a property management company
- Previous experience as a Building Engineer managing multiple sites
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Solid background with HVAC, electrical, plumbing, appliances, pools, spas, and drywall
Founded in 1997, InterSolutions is a privately held workforce management and temporary staffing service company. Property Management Staffing is all we do. We specialize in providing the highest quality employment services, exclusively for the Property Management Industry. InterSolutions supports apartment communities with temp, temp to perm, contract, and direct hire personnel. Our culture embraces a passion for teamwork, creativity, honesty, integrity, and respect for one another.